When we think of summer, we think of cool, light colors. It’s definitely a dilemma for the gals that prefer wearing black (guilty as charged). If you favor fall and winter, do not despair. Screw the old school fashion “rules”; trust us when we say that you won’t look like Darth Vader. We’ve included some top tips for wearing all black ensembles while still beating the heat. Get inspired with the looks in the gallery below.
All image credits in photo captions.
- Yah, it’s a no brainer, but keep the fabrics light. This is not the time for wool unless it’s suddenly chilly.
- Accessorize with bags and jewelry in natural textures such as raffia, wood, and leather.
- Accessorize with bold jewelry that feels seasonally appropriate.
- For graphic contrast, add some white. Black and white is always a classic. Umm, have you seen photos of Coco Chanel?
- Vary the fabrics and textures. We don’t need an all black cotton uniform.
- Your outfit can change with the addition of a lip color. Feeling classic? Go for a bold red lip. Need a lighter daytime feel? Try a natural lip stain instead.