Cool, effortless, chic. These are some of the words that are used to describe Jenna Lyons. She’s the master of the high-low look with a heavy-handed dose of boyish details complete with sequins and thick-framed glasses. The praise is universal. Duh, the First Lady even sports J.Crew and hangs with Jenna. And Lyons is famous not just because of her incredible style, but also because of her business acumen and creative intuition. She’s proof that the bullied geeks of yesteryear can and will become stylish powerhouse leaders. So let’s talk Jenna because, more than anything, she’s real and we all seem to relate to her. If there’s one thing Lyons doesn’t shy away from it’s blunt inquisitiveness and honesty.
A Few Facts About Jenna
- She’s been at J.Crew forever. Since 1990, in fact, and started as an assistant.
- Lyons has about 300 pairs of shoes (*jealous*).
- Jenna is really open about the fact that she has dentures. Remember what we said about her refreshing honesty?
- Her favorite thing in the world is coffee ice cream.
- She has great advice about managing a creative team. “There’s no right or wrong answer. When someone creates something and puts it in front of you, that thing came from inside of them, and if you make them feel bad, it’s going to be hard to fix, because you’ve actually crushed them.”
- Hey, she uses Blistex lip balm, too.
- She’s super zen about aging. “I approach aging with ice cream and a martini.”
- Jenna has rad business input. “No financial decision weighs heavier than a creative decision. They are equal.”
- She’s six feet tall and doesn’t shy away from wearing heels. You do you, gf. *fist bump*
- She was married to a dude and is now in a relationship with a woman. Again, you do you, gf.
Yeah, we know. She’s awesome. Peruse her looks in the gallery below for some inspiration.