We don’t know about you, but supermodel Karlie Kloss is killing it at twenty-two. So if you think the St. Louis native is new to the catwalk, you better think again. This girl-next-door has actually been doing the whole modeling gig for years (seven to be exact), and she has added plenty of major fashion accolades along the way. (Not only is she a Victoria’s Secret Angel, but she has also walked for Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Valentino, and Versace to name a few). Kloss is practically a vet at this point in her career. But just what is it about our latest crush that has the guys, the girls, and the designers swooning? We’re happy you asked…
Here are 5 reasons why we love Karlie Kloss:
1. The Walk. Dubbed “the panther,” Kloss’ fierce catwalk strut is one that simply cannot be forgotten. In fact, when Karlie was only sixteen-years-old (and only one year into her career mind you), she walked a total of 64 shows in a single season.
2. The Hair. It was the haircut heard around the world when Karlie chopped off seven inches of locks at the end of 2012. Her new look was such a hit that the New York Times actually started referring to it as “The Karlie.” Today, Kloss is still rockin’ the side-swept bangs and short, slightly layered hair, and we’re still just as obsessed with it.
3. The Style. Sure, a top fashion designer can put her in the season’s sartorial best, but what about Karlie’s style on the sidewalks? Not to worry, Janes. She’s got the off-duty thing down pat. Karlie’s style can best be described of as classic and chic, never going over the top and always accentuating her best features.
4. The Family. Although she is constantly traveling the world and just recently purchased a place of her own in New York, Karlie remains very close to her family. The Klosses can often be seen on the supermodel’s Instagram account, and for her 20th birthday, she took her entire family on a trip to Denmark.
5. The Philanthropist. Kloss recently partnered with Momofuku Milk Bar to create Karlie’s Kookies, a wholesome cookie line in which a portion of the proceeds is donated to help provide nutritious meals to those in need. To date, over 500,000 meals have been donated. She also partnered with Warby Parker to create a line of sunglasses to benefit Edible Schoolyard NYC, an organization that is dear to Karlie.
Check out our favorite Karlie Kloss moments in fashion in the gallery below:
Ready to cop Karlie’s style? Shop our picks for the supermodel & more @ GoJane!