With the 86th Annual Academy Awards rapidly approaching, we think it’s the perfect opportunity to honor one of our style crushes, Jennifer Lawrence. At the age of just 23, our girl is nominated for her third Oscar for her portrayal as Rosalyn in American Hustle. Haven’t seen American Hustle just yet? Well, you may remember Lawrence from her roles in box office hits such as X-Men: First Class (she showed off a perfectly toned blue body), Silver Linings Playbook (she got her mack on with Bradley Cooper and earned her very first Oscar), and, of course, The Hunger Games movies in which Lawrence not only kicks ass (literally), but also proves to the world that strong female leads in film are totally in. Her most recent major move? Homegirl killed it in Dior’s S/S 2014 campaign. Suh-woon.
Talented, sexy, successful, hilarious, and not to mention real… We could go on and on. So J. Law, if you’re reading this… We’re rooting for you, girl! But if you don’t take home that hunk of metal this time: A) You already have one waiting for you at home and B) we’ve got a spot on our couch with your name on it (and tons of junk food for you to scarf down with us). So we’d say it’s a win-win kind of sitch anyway.
Take a look below at some of our favorite J. Law moments in fashion:
And our top five favorite quotes from the funny girl herself:
1. On red carpet hunger: “I’m seeing you talk, and all I’m thinking about is me pissed that I didn’t get fries.” (to MTV at the 2013 Oscars)
2. On her “bouncing” assets: “I think people are fascinated with breasts that bounce. They are so used to seeing [fake ones]. People are confused [that mine bounce]! My breasts have a life of their own.” (The Sun)
3. On exercise: “I hate saying, ‘I like exercising’ – I want to punch people who say that.” (Glamour)
4. On the bowl of fan questions: “I thought it was gonna be food. It’s just… words.”
5. On how she’d describe herself: “Very well-rounded, and practically perfect.” (The Late Show With David Letterman)