Okay, it’s official… The #PolarVortex can now fade as a distant memory. No matter what kind of weather you’ve been experiencing, can you really say no to warm sunshine and ocean views? We can’t either. Summer is a-comin’, and if you have a beach getaway sitting on your “to-trip” list, then this post is perfect. We’ve done the hard work, and now all you have to do is throw it into a bag and get moving.
These pieces have been chosen with the purpose of mixing and matching for maximized usage. We believe in packing a light load because you’ll need room for all of the cool stuff you pick up while you’re away (duh). And if you’re not flying somewhere tropical this season, this guide will serve you just as well with a lake or poolside view.
- BRING SUNSCREEN. We cannot emphasize this enough. No one is a fan of UV damage (sun spots, wrinkles, leathery skin) or skin cancer (stay healthy).
- Roll up your clothes to keep wrinkles to a minimum and save space.
- Coordinate your colors to make mixing and matching easier. We stuck mainly with blue, white, and punches of citron, but you can pick whatever your little heart desires!
- If you’re flying, use your carry-on as your beach bag. We’re thinking a large tote.
- Taking a clutch? Use it as temporary storage while you travel. Like, throw all of your undies in it, or maybe stow some cosmetics.
- Try to wear your largest items on the flight even if it may delay your TSA check a bit. Now onto the looks!
1. Beach Babe
What’s the point of going on a tropical getaway without having some quality time on the sand? Pair a super cute retro bikini with a lightweight kimono for some coverage. Sun protection is an absolute must, so chunky sunnies and a sun hat will protect you from harmful UV rays. Stow your beach towel and reading material in a roomy tote for convenience. All you need to do is slip on comfy sandals, and you’re set.
1. Floral Blossom Sheer Kimono, 2. Retro Zippy Bikini Set, 3. Chain Trimmed Wide Brim Hat, 4. Chunky Exaggerated Round Sunglasses, 5. Kinfolk Magazine, 6. Beach Towel, 7. Silicone N Canvas Beach Tote, 8. Smooth Sailing Ankle Cuff Sandals
2. Romantic Beach Dinner
The sun is setting, there’s a cool ocean breeze, and a table for two is set on the sand. The menu is ready with delicious eats (mmmm, food), but you’ve got to look just as amazing as the setting. An easy maxi dress will keep you cool when it’s humid and comfy wedges won’t sink into soft sand. (We’re practical and fabulous.) Top it all off with a swipe of natural color on your lips, gleaming jewelry, and a little clutch to hold the essentials. The best part? You can kick off the wedges, if you’re so inclined.
3. Daytime Adventurer
Did you save some room in your suitcase? We told you so. It’s time to go sightseeing and load up on locally made goods. You’ll be super comfy in glitzy flats, classic denim cut-offs, and a vibrant cropped top. Put on a watch so you can make pre-dinner drinks on time, accessorize with paillette earrings, and keep the sun out of your eyes with vintage inspired sunnies.
1. Tribal Times Cropped Tank, 2. Round Sunglasses, 3. Zigzag Face Boyfriend Watch, 4. Embellished Teardrop Earrings, 5. Slouchy Striped Drawstring Backpack, 6. So Destroyed High-Cut Shorts, 7. Daytime Sparkle Woven Espadrille Flats
And that’s all, folks! Let us know how you like to pack for your favorite destination trip.