By Hannah Blu
If you’re like us, you’ve been eagerly following the fashion happenings at the always exclusive, always très chic Cannes Film Festival. We love admiring the Cannes red carpet glamour, but it’s the breathtaking views of the French Riviera that have us experiencing some major #FOMO. In fact, we’re currently staring out our office windows wistfully daydreaming about the beach.
Therefore, we saw fit to aim this “What’s In Our Bag” at getting you ready for Memorial Day Weekend and beyond with a summery, beach-themed edition. Whether you’ll be cavorting through the Côte d’Azur or stay-cationing at your local beach hangout, these essential pieces will get you looking fabulously fancy without breaking the bank…
Wanna cop our beach staples? Simply click on your faves to shop them now!
- Beach Tote: What could possibly be more beachy than anchors and boat rope? Plus, this roomy tote can carry all of your essentials and then some!
- Swimsuit: One-piece suits are all the rage right now. This sleek number is totally on-trend and ideal for the early days of summer when our beach bods aren’t quite on point yet.
- Sunglasses: These oversized transparent shades add a dash of glamour to your beach look. Plus, their mirrored lenses will protect your eyes and prevent you from squinting, which causes premature wrinkles.
- Sun Hat: A resort-chic, wide-brimmed sun hat is the perfect way to protect that precious face of yours while allowing you to pretend that you don’t see the creeper checking you out nearby.
- Swim Cover-up: This bohemian beach kimono has you covered (literally!) when the cool ocean breeze starts to pick up. Not only is it practical, but the subtle print and tassel trim also make it a super stylish topper for your suit or your post-beach outfit.
- Slide Sandals: We can’t be bothered with buckles and straps once we hit the sand, which is why we love these easy-to-wear woven slides that are perfect for beach day.
- Sunscreen: We can’t stress this enough: Wear sunscreen at all times!!! And we don’t mean gingerly applying before you leave the house and then forgetting about it. Slather yourself in the stuff and reapply generously throughout the day.
- Lip balm: Your lips have some of the most delicate skin on your face, so don’t neglect that pout! Kill two birds with one stone and opt for a multi-tasking balm with SPF – it’ll add loads of moisture while protecting your lips from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Makeup Bag: It’s inevitable – sand and water always manage to get into our stuff. There’s nothing we hate more than sand in our favorite lip balm, so we always pack our products in a handy makeup bag. Bonus: This cute pouch doubles as a wristlet that fits your phone, keys, wallet, and other essentials!