By Hannah Blu
Summertime is almost here, and your social calendar is beginning to fill up with wedding receptions, graduation parties, and weekend getaways galore. The warm weather season brings with it unlimited opportunities to incorporate refreshing pops of color into your wardrobe and your makeup routine.
For long summer days, swear by a fresh, flirty, popsicle-stained lip that exudes an effortless vibe. And for those hot nights… A sexy, sunset-inspired ombre lip adds some major sizzle to your look. Today we’ve broken each of these gradient lip looks down into four easy steps – for maximum impact with minimal fuss.
What You’ll Need:
- Skin-toned concealer or nude lipstick (We used Glossier Stretch Concealer)
- Coral/orange lip stain (We used Revlon Balm Stain in “Rendezvous”)
- Clear lip gloss (We used Lancome Juicy Tube in “Hallucination”)
- Bright pink lip liner (We used NYX Lip Pencil in “Fuchsia”)
- Bright pink lipstick (We used Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in “Vivid Rose”)
- Coral lipstick (We used NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Buenos Aires”)
What You’ll Do:
Popsicle-Stained Ombre Lip
- Apply a nude lipstick or skin-toned concealer to even out the natural lip color.
- Apply coral/orange lip stain or lipstick to the center portion of the lip.
- Using a lip brush or your finger, blend the edges outwards.
- Apply clear lip gloss.
Summer Sunset Ombre Lip
- Precisely line the lips with bright pink liner.
- Apply bright pink lipstick to the outer portions of the lip, leaving the inner part bare.
- Dab coral lipstick onto the center portion of the lips.
- Lightly press the lips together to blend. Apply more product if necessary.