By Jenn Shin
It’s possible we may have been using a boring, ergonomic mousepad… Yawn. (Don’t judge us, okay?) So we decided it was time for an upgrade. This ridiculously simple DIY is the easiest way to dress up your desk with something fresh and chic!
What You’ll Need:
- Cork tile
- Mod Podge
- Fray Check (optional)
- Foam brush
- X-Acto knife or razor
What You’ll Do:
- Trim the cork into your shape of choice (we used a 9″ x 7″ piece).
2. When cutting your fabric, leave approximately one or two inches of clearance.
3. Glue the fabric to the cork base with a thin layer of Mod Podge using the foam brush. (Caution: A heavy application of Mod Podge could bleed through a thin fabric.)
4. Place a piece of plastic on top of the fabric and weigh down the mousepad with a heavy book. Allow to dry completely (we left it overnight).
5. Run your razor around the edges to trim off excess fabric. Seal sides with Mod Podge or Fray Check to prevent threads from coming loose.
And voila! An easy mousepad that can be customized to fit any mood or theme.