By Hannah Blu
It might seem like it would take a lifetime to master the sultry, lived-in smoky eye you see on all your favorite celebs. But it actually only takes a few simple steps – and even fewer products – to achieve this dreamy makeup look.
The key to a chic, effortless smoky eye is a warm-toned matte crease, which gives the look a softer, more seamless effect. In fact, we’re forgoing shimmer and shine altogether and opting for an all-matte style that is super smoldering and totally cool…
What You’ll Need:
- Eyeshadow primer
- Kohl liner
- Matte black eyeshadow
- Matte terracotta eyeshadow
- A flat eyeshadow brush
- A pencil brush
- Your favorite mascara
What You’ll Do:
- Apply a crease-proof eye shadow primer all over the lid from lashline to browbone.
- Line the upper lashline with a smudgy black kohl pencil. (It doesn’t have to be perfect – we’re gonna smudge it out during the next step.)
- Using a pencil brush, take a matte black eyeshadow and gently smudge the kohl liner into the lashline.
- Use a small, flat brush to apply the same black eyeshadow in upward strokes from the lashline toward the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply a warm terracotta eyeshadow to the crease using a fluffy brush, blending out any harsh lines as you go.
- Apply the black eyeshadow along the lower lashline using your pencil brush.
- With the pencil brush, blend the terracotta shade into the black eyeshadow on the lower lashline.
- Line the lower waterline with the black kohl eyeliner.
- Curl your lashes and add as many coats of mascara as your little heart desires.