So Freaking Fetch: Mean Girls Celebrates 10 Years
Although it makes us feel slightly ancient to admit it, today marks the ten year anniversary of the cult classic film (and the groolest movie ever), Mean Girls. Ahh, it feels like it was just yesterday that we were rounding up our own clique to catch the latest Lindsay Lohan flick. What we didn’t realize at the time, however, was the impact that Tina Fey and company were about to make. C’mon, think about it… Can you still quote Mean Girls to save your life? Duh. Do you cheer on Glen Coco at least once a week? Absolutely. Is “fetch” totally part of your everyday vocab? Guilty! Case in point, ladies. And while the hilarity of the film has obviously withstood the test of time, let’s not forget that the film’s message is just as important today as it was ten years ago. Our beloved Cady Heron summed it up towards the end of the film with this:
Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George’s life definitely didn’t make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.
To properly celebrate the film’s decade of dominance, we’ve rounded up ten different ways the world is still making Mean Girls a thing. Grab some cheese fries, sit back, and enjoy. But you better be wearing pink or else you can’t sit with us. (It’s Wednesday; you know the rules.)
- This Mean Girls inspired jewelry line and this list of even more Mean Girls inspired accessories because, well, the limit does not exist.
- Daniel Franzese’s touching coming out letter to Damian that makes us want to keep his pink shirt forever.
- This take on Mean Girls as mythology.
regularcool blogs: Mean Girls of Capitol Hill, Mean Girls of Panem, and Mean Girls Art History.
- Because we don’t need to be a Mathlete to comprehend these charts.
- This star studded reenactment of the infamous four-way call.
- The Netflix announcement heard around the girl world earlier this month.
- Because even the First Dog tried to make fetch happen.
- This Which Mean Girls Character Are You quiz because you can’t just ask people which character they are.
- And lastly, this mini reunion picture that has us pushing for more. Because we’re pushers. We push people.
Looking to celebrate the Mean Girls anniversary in style? Cop these Plastics approved looks & more @ GoJane!