Super Bowl 2014 Highlights: Fur Coats, Bruno Mars & Doberhuahua
Yesterday’s big game may have left some of us feeling alienated and confused as to what the hell a turnover has to do with football and why everyone was getting so worked up over a warm, flaky, fruit-filled pastry, but there were plenty of other going-ons that kept our attention. We much enjoyed the arguments that exploded between our friends who were rivals just for one day, the random bets that were flying across the beer pong table, and let’s not forget the huddle of bored sports unthusiasts sitting in the other room Instagramming pictures of the food and passed out binge drinkers. And for those of you who didn’t even bother turning the game on because Sunday is better dedicated to things like sleep marathons or work (yuck), we’ve gathered all the noteworthy highlights in one nifty gallery. Now you can go to the break room with everyone else and talk about the Super Bowl without feeling like a total dingbat.
Highlights and random things you should know:
- Joe Namath led the coin toss in a fabulous fur coat that made you wonder, “Ain’t pimpin’ that easy?”
- Bud Light’s #UpForWhatever commercial had you thinking, “It IS okay to go to a bar by myself!”
- Those players warming up in flip flops don’t look that cold? (#PolarVortexMyButt)
- Audi’s “Doberhuahua” commercial is what a 5-year-old’s nightmares are made of.
- Damn, Bruno Mars can sang!
- Daaaamn, Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers is a fox! (FYI: He’s 51 years old!)
- Daaaaaaaaaamn, football players have really tight and round errrrr…personalities.
- Someone is going to win $1.5 million just for tweeting #EsuranceSaves30!
- Oh yeah, and the Seahawks won. 43 Seahawks, 8 Broncos.
Photos courtesy of NFL.com
Super Bowl Halftime Show
(Featuring Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers):
Super Bowl 2014 Commercials:
Visit NFL.com to see all the commercials from Super Bowl 2014.