We couldn’t think of a better way to spend our Sunday night than with music’s uber elite, their major designer duds, and their even major…er career milestones. The 65th Annual Grammy Awards started off with some almost too-hot-to-handle Jayoncé (Jay-Z & Beyoncé) PDA and ended with Daft Punk being awarded “Best Album Of The Year” for Random Access Memories (not a surprise, considering their hit record, Get Lucky, was everyone’s jam!). We even witnessed thirty heartfelt nuptials during a collaborative performance of Same Love (not gonna lie, we cried).
With a bottle of wine (or two, okay…more like four), a bag full of Jack in the Box, and the television #turntup to a ridiculous volume, we sat in awe as we were treated to twenty performances! Yes, twenty, veinte, vingt, nijuu! Twelve of those performances being brilliant collaborations that paired up some voices that created beautiful, heart-pounding, feet-shuffling harmonies. Host LL Cool J explained at the beginning of the show that the theme was “Music brings people together…” and boy, did it certainly do so last night!
Photos Courtesy Of Fab Sugar, E!Online, Huffington Post
Highlights, thoughts, and random gossip:
- Beyonce’s booty made us reconsider that bag of munchies
- What was Beyonce saying that was getting bleeped? “How the hell did this shit happen?” (We can say shit on here, right?)
- Ryan Lewis’ metallic, houndstooth suit was OMG!
- Lorde’s dip-dyed black fingertips were sooooo 2012 (this trend was all over NYFW back in 2012)
- Dude, Keith Urban and Gary Clark Jr.’s guitar jam was #epic
- Waaaaaaait…didn’t Pink already do that high-flying acrobatic performance of Try in 2010? It’s freaking fantastic and all, but WTF?
- R.I.P Chris Kelly (of 1990s rap duo Kriss Kross). We had no idea he passed away.
- I guess only the cool kids got the hat memo. Pharrell being the coolest kid of them all!
- Song of the Year: Royals - Lorde
- Best New Artist: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Unorthodox Jukebox - Bruno Mars
- Best Rock Performance: Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
- Best Alternative Music Album: Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend
- Best R&B Song: Pusher Love Girl - Justin Timberlake
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: Holy Grail - Jay-Z & Justin Timberlake
- Best Country Song: Merry ‘Go Round - Kacey Musgraves