2013 Grammy Awards: Comebacks, Dress Code Rebels & Prince
Oh, The Grammys- you’re just too much! The 55th Annual Grammy Award Show was full of musical collaborations, comebacks from people we thought were forever done with the music scene, and a lot of freaky celebratory antics.
Here are our highlights:
- Miguel & Whiz Khalifa’s performance of “Adorn” was dang sexy (mostly on Miguel’s part)
- Kelly Clarkson’s
drunkvery enthusiastic acceptance speech
- Johnny Depp doing his transient-chic thing (and looking fine as usual)
- Justin Timberlake’s very “rat-packish” performance of “Suit & Tie” with BFF, Jay Z
- Sting & the crew getting real irie during their Bob Marley tribute (did you see dem long dreads?)
- Frank Ocean’s quirky ways (“little kids in tuxes” acceptance speech & “Forest Gump” performance)
- JLo’s leg-baring dress was amazing, but very Angelina Jolie circa so last year
- Katy Perry’s “va-va-boob” dress
- Jay-Z throwing shade all over The-Dream’s “swamp meet” hat
- Jack White’s creepy all-girl band doing their polygamist thing on stage
- Carrie Underwood’s psychedelic performance of “Blown Away” (ooh, light show!)
- Prince’s swaggy strut across the stage (with a cane) to present “Best Record of the Year” to a very starstruck Gotye & Kimbra
- The show should’ve ended there (with Prince)! Sorry LL Cool J & company #nodisrespect (love you Tom Morello, you killed it!)
What did you think of last nights Grammys? What was your favorite part?
For a complete list of winners, click here.